Goddess Identification

What is the goddess story that inspired you most and why? Which story do you best relate to and why?

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 1:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Morganne Le Fey... But it wasn't so much her "Goddess Story" as much as it was her diligence and pride through the King Aurthur Legends... She kind drew the short straw in life, but always held her head high and pushed on. She never side steped her beliefs for anything and when she didn't agree, she fought...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• There isnt one that inspired me. I love the Greek pantheon and the Egyptian.

However, Lakshmi(Hindu pantheon)is who called to me. She is the one who I have felt beside me during troubles and who is someone I view happily because she's the Goddess of good fortune and well-being. Things I think we all can use at some point in our lives LOL. So she's someone I can relate to and see more as a friend then someone "above" me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh, different ones on different days...

Gaia...when I'm fealing Earthy and/or need to be grounded

Diana/Artemis...when my daughter is sleeping peacefully or when she's acting out her inner Diva

Pele...when my Fiery temper exploads with volcanic force

Aphrodite...when Hubs and I need a little something-something

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Do Shifra and Puah count?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Athena--for her personal wisdom and independence. Thinking for yourself only SOUNDS scary! Pele--for her unpredictable temper. Sometimes I am truly a bitch and sometimes I'm not! I AM a gemini, after all. Isis--for her deep love for her mate and her determination to come through for him. Morgan LeFey--for her power to do whatever she wants to, when she wants to!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2009