The fire stations around me WILL NOT show me how to install a car seat, where else can I go to learn?

I checked the local fire stations and they will not show you how to install them anymore! (saftey thing, if they show you and you do it wrong, people sue) neither will Babies R' Us! Im not sure where to go to learn how to put one in my car!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• some police dept. will actually send officers to be trained and certified in car seat safety. call police dept.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Police Dept.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• police department or Highway Patrol office
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Our department of human services does. They have a day twice a month where you just drive up and they help you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• will they send someone over or do I go up there to the station?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Wow, really? That's horrible! Maybe the police?? They would be the ones to ticket you if it's wrong. Otherwise, try the hospital. The nurses in L&D may know, or else they would know where to refer you. That sucks that you are having so many people (who you would think would help) give you such a hard time. Good luck :) Also, check the manual too. Ours had tons of great illustrations. It's really not too difficult.... but I understand being a new parent and afraid of messing up with such a precious little life. You'll do fine. :)
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 1:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• wow.... thats f'ed up!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I bought mine used though so I dont have a manual! And yes, I made sure it was not re-called, and I knew the people so it was in good condition and was NEVER in an accident.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You can look up the manual online. Or call the company and they will send you one. There should be a contact number on the seat.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would call the L&D department they should know who can help you with that
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009