Is there ANY way to make this myself?! PLEASE HELP!

I really like this baby shower party favor but it is $17.99 for 12 of them and I need about 70! Is there any way to make these? I have scrapbook items that I can use to make them but I just need help with the seeds!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3080463

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think the key is that the paper is made of something super biodegradable (sp? oops) that breaks down really fast in the ground, leaving only the seeds behind. check the craft store for corn based paper or something like that. then just outline the cut out with glue so the seeds are loose inside.
    You could always make your own paper too (with the seeds actually in it.) It isnt' that hard, google it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'm confused...lol. What seed??
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You can buy seeds at Walmart and just put them in a little plastic baggy.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You plant the baby carrage and it has a seed in it that grows either a blue of pink flower! Its a truly "Green Gift"! But how do I make it?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You can find a template of the baby carriage online and just trace it..as for the seed? I would just put my own seeds in a baggy or something. Or just tape one to the inside of it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You can glue the seeds on. The glue will wash away when they are planted. I would just use elmers glue and trace around the edge with the glue and sprinkle on the seeds. Make sure that they are small seeds.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes. Get some crafting supplies.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• lol...oh my bad, I didn't even read the description, just looked at the picture. So you plant the whole invitation, && a flower grows?? That's neat. Anyway, maybe find some seeds at Wal-mart that will grow a blue flower && just scotch tape it to the inside of the invitation?? IDK, the seed can't be fully covered up b/c then it won't get any water or anything.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That is such a cute favor!! It looks like you got plenty of suggestions, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been said.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You could also put the glue in a heart shape in the inside of the card.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009