• In the Spotlight:

Did you watch the premiere of More to Love? (also posted in Just For Fun)

It's about time they made a REAL reality show! I'm average body type but it still makes me proud to see REAL women on TV for once.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• Mousuke, the show bills itself to be for the "average" person. I looked it up. The "average" woman right now is a size 14. I don't think "plus sized" is any less offensive than referring to those who are less than "plus sized" as unreal.

I think the Dove "Real Women" campaign was a very nice idea, trying to get women to think of themselves as normal in comparison to supermodels, but I agree that to label women who are either above or below average as somehow not being "real" is uncool.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i watched it and loooooooooooved it!! i'm so happy that some1 thought of this.. because most of those girls were beautiful!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think it's a fine show but object to the term "Real women"...when, in fact, they are overweight women. "Real women" indicates that women who are smaller in size are "not real", or somehow abnormal. They should use the term "plus-sized women" instead.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No, watched Deadliest Catch.
    Dawn4Jesus

Answer by Dawn4Jesus at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009