Is it normal to be hungry alot more when breastfeeding?

It seems like I am eating all the time. I am still losing weight but I do not want to over eat

zomommy

Asked by zomommy at 2:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Oh, yes. 100% normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Your body is loosing nutrients and needs to be refueled of them. So being hungry is it's way of telling you that. You might go to mypryramid.org. It not only tells you the food guide pryamind for what you should eat and your kids, it says what breastfeeding/pregnant mothers should be getting as well.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I believe you need more calories when you are breastfeeding than you do when you are pregnant. I have also heard that every time you breastfeed it is like doing thirty min. of cardio.
    Mandamama513

Answer by Mandamama513 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yep its normal, your are burning TONS of calories while beastfeeding.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes and even more so than hungry you will be super thirsty.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yes, when I was breastfeeding I was starving all the time, but lost so much weight. The baby is taking alot out of you.
    Iztacihuatl

Answer by Iztacihuatl at 12:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2009