after a seasection how long do it take to get rid of that ugly overlaping belly

love_thy_art

Asked by love_thy_art at 3:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• I don't know I was working on mine (my daughter was born last new years eve) and I got prego again, I never had that after my pregnancy with my son and he was delivered vaginally, so it has to be a c-sec thing lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I kinda know what you mean. My stomach went down at about 4 mos. I have some puffiness around my incision now at 5 mos. post c-section, but it's pretty minimal and my stomach now looks like it did before I had her.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I was down to normal size within 3 wks, but that least little weirdness finally went away around 6 mos? or at least that was when I felt normal... My DH never saw any difference
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I still have mine. My baby is almost 2. But I have always been bigger (just never THIS big). Good luck!
    Mandamama513

Answer by Mandamama513 at 3:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• after my C-Section, mine went back to normal at about 3-4 weeks.... its different for every person.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i know i hate it! shes 4 months now and its pretty much gone
    aubreyjadasmom

Answer by aubreyjadasmom at 8:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I still have mine and my son is 13!!! Oh, wait, it's probably just the fat I need to get rid of. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• For some women it's loose skin and can only be removed surgically. If it's belly fat, may take up to a year to get rid of with a healthy diet and exercise.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it will never completely go away. I've had 3 c-sections, and it gets worse with each one. The problem is that when the muscle is cut in the abdomen for a c-section, it creates scar tissue as it heals. This can't be fixed no matter how many crunches you do. I guess a tummy tuck would be the only way to really and truly be rid of it for good. But who has money for that????
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2009