Do you put your child in high end clothes?

I wish that I could do a poll for this. I was wondering if most people got all of there childrens clothes at a affordable place like Walmart, Target, thrift stores, or even all handmedowns, or if people got mid grade a good cost like, Osh Kosh, Gymboree, and Gap or some people go strait for the fancy stuff and go to Janie and Jack and PB Kids.

JenFunSniffer

Asked by JenFunSniffer at 3:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD's clothes came from all over...never used though, I just dont like that type of thing personally. But she has clothes from Walmart, Ross (one of my favorites), Gymboree, Old Navy, ect. if I see something I like for her I buy it for her, I dont think where you get them is that big of a deal if they last long and you like them
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Target, JC Penney, Kohls, Sears and WalMart.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ANYTHING that was on sale.... didn't matter what brand. BUT when she was a baby I didn't like her in Wal Mart clothes and now I love her in them! We got a couple peices of hand me downs that were high end. They were a little worn for my taste but she still looked cute in them. I usually get her ONE nice outfit every growth spurt.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I buy Garanimals from WalMart. They're bigger, which means they last longer and they're only $2 or $3 per onesie, pants, or shorts. I love to get Carter's clothing though. That I can get for pretty cheap at Costco. A fuzzy sleeper that would be somewhere between $18 and $25 would be about $7 at Costco. I love it, and I've gone overboard wayyy too many times! So to answer your question, I don't consider him to be in "high-end" clothes but I don't put him in the hand-me-downs I got from my sister because hers are hand-me-downs or thrift store clothing and it's so worn out that they're just too scratchy for my little boy's sensitive skin.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I take whatever I can get. If someone gives me hand me downs, I use what I can and then pass them to someone else. He has a lot of Carters because that is what our military exchange sells. Ive gotten clothes from Wal-mart, Target, TJ Max, K Mart, Sears, Gymboree, Osh Kosh and Old Navy.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 4:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Funny, i just answered another question about my baby's clothes! Lol! All we dress my son in is Wranglers, and i wouldn't call them "high end", but they sure aren't cheap. They last forever though. Most of his shirts are walmart/target/wherever cheapies though, because this kid can ruin a shirt in 5 seconds flat! lol! He's got some nice button up shirts that he doesn't wear often though that are Roper or Wrangler or whatever. And we get him the baby John Deere boots because he's got fat little feet and no other boots will fit. They're $50-$60 bucks a pair. I guess you could say we dress him "high end Western"! lol! It's nothing different than what we wear ourselves though.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• High end <-- yeah i know some moms find it pathetic but i have my reasons well actually i blame my self for letting people get to me.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 7:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have a few Janie and Jack items for my 4 year old. I got them at a yard sale. I also got a bunch of "Crew Cuts" at the same sale, I think it is J. Crew's kid's brand. I also got a velour Roca wear (or is it "Rocca"?) sweatsuit for $2 in a thrift store, but I am not too certain I will put him in it, because it's just not at all my taste. I think a 45 year old white professional woman in an upscale area with a 4 year old boy wearing that might look silly & out of place, like I am trying to look young and street-smart. I lean more towards classic high end little boy clothes, like Strasburg Children and Orient Expressed. Most of their clothes come from the thrifts and yard sales, not out of necessity, but because I can't justify paying $50 for a shirt when you can get the same thing for $2. If I do buy new, it is usually something that I specifically need and can't find in the thrift when I am looking for it.
    grammarpolice

Answer by grammarpolice at 7:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My sons have some higher end stuff (polo, calvin klein) that I've gotten off of a clearance rack at Macys or something but that was when then had an extra % off of the clearance and I paid about what I would've paid at walmart or target.
    kendra1417

Answer by kendra1417 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I guess I considered Gymboree high end. Their stuff is expensive for what it is if it's not on sale. But we don't really only get clothes from one place. Target, Wal-mart, Gymboree, Old Navy, Children's Place, Carter's, Dept Stores and some hand-me-downs. I get very few things from thrift stores simply because I don't have the patience to look through the racks. But i get other stuff from them. Shoes however have been Stride-rites since he got real shoes. Unfortunately my son has fat little feet and SR is the only place I can find with wide sizes. And I hate paying that much for his shoes.
    lollipopcat

Answer by lollipopcat at 8:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009