• In the Spotlight:

How often do you splurge on clothes for you children?

I will admit that I will go out shopping for my kids whenever they need clothes but I just spurged for the first time and got my DD a dress from Janie and Jack that was a little high for my taste. On the other hand I feel like the higher end clothes take more wear and tear... but I am afraid to have the kids play in them.
So the dress that I got her is just for Sundays. I'm only going to have her wear it to church. This is my first time splurging for one of my kids.

JenFunSniffer

Asked by JenFunSniffer at 3:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• rarely! i love my daughter in an Adidas sweat suit.... it was originally $45 (she's a toddler) and we got it for $30. Sadly, she outgrew it and i want to get her another one!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've splurged on my DD alot, but I dont think its bad. I will buy her what I like and what I think will hold up while she plays. But I do the same thing, her nice dresses are only for church or holidays ect. I do make sure to get a pic of her in all her cute outfits before she stains them though lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't say i splurge a lot on my son, but i do buy him clothes WAY more often than myself! And i dont worry so much about the price, especially now that we're having another boy and i know i can use everything again. The only jeans my son wears are Wranglers and they are $16-$20 a pop, which seems high to me, but they fit him! And his boots are $50-$60 bucks every time he needs new ones. But again, they fit him right! (He's tall and skinny with flintstone feet, so i get what fits him!)
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I splurge when we go on vacation because usually wherever we go there are usually outlet malls. This is when I stock up on things I normally would not buy! I can remember once I got a whole big bag of clothes for $40! Those are my favorite times! We are going to be in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge for Thanksgiving and BLACK FRIDAY and there is a few outlet malls there!!!! CANNOT WAIT!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes, I splurge a couple times a month on clothes for my DD! She gets Gymboree and I get Wal-Mart! LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I love Janie and Jack. My youngest just got 2 new dress and a pair of shoes from there a few weeks back. I would say I try to buy quality clothes for my kids all the time. Sometimes the more you put out for certain items the more you'll get out of them. However, if it's just your run of the mill play clothes I won't sink to much money into them. But for Sunday service clothes, special ocassion clothes like weddings, graduation dresses(my oldest graduated from 5th grade this year) and nice weekend clothes when we're going out to dinner or on a trip I shop at places like, Gap, Janie & Jack, Carters, Justice and such.

I also can find cute things for great prices at Wal-Mart and Target as well and you'd be surprised that if you take good care of even clothes bought from there just how well things will hold up. Expensive things don't always mean better, (it can, but not always) sometimes its how you take care of them.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009