Pray for me...

I will start by saying I know this is dumb, and there are more important things out there...

Well me and my DH will be finding out the gender of our 2nd baby in 3 weeks. We have an almost 2 year old DD, and my DH really wants a boy. I will be happy either way and I know he will be too...but he wants a son so bad. I used to have this gut feeling that this one was a boy, just like I knew my DD was a girl, but the closer we get to finding out the more stressed I become. I sit and worry about it all the time. So please just pray for that my DH gets his boy...I feel it is my job to give him a son...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I will keep you in my prayers sweetie but you need to stress to him that as long as your baby is healthy that is all that matters. But I will pray for you that you get your little boy!!! GL! God Bless!

expecting boy

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's NOT *your* job to give him a son. It's HIS "job" to *get* one...he's the one who supplies the Y chromosome. Nothing you can do to influence it.

I wish you luck, though.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I agree with Alysia on this one! As long as it's healthy you should'nt stress over things you have no control over. however, you should let DH know know that this is stressing you out about wanting to give him a son but your happy knowing that the baby's healthy. DH might get off the case about wanting a son and start focusing on your needs rather then requesting a gender. My HD wanted a boy too, and i kept on telling him two things: my gut which told me it was a girl and as long as it's healthy it could be hippo for all i cared. He understood the pressure he was putting on me, and backed off. Try it, and see what happens! you can only be honest with yourself and him, and if you feel like you want it to be a boy but you think it's a girl and have no way of telling him, don't. less stress for the both of you. AS LONG AS THE BABY'S HEALTHY!! that's the point!

bekkahsmom

Answer by bekkahsmom at 5:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• OH! and by the way i'm having a girl! My instints were correct! it could be possible yours are too!
    bekkahsmom

Answer by bekkahsmom at 5:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh girl..i find out what i am having next thursday i am so stressed out too. My husband keeps telling me that this one is definitly a girl and i would feel really bad if it was a boy only because i know how bad he wants a girl and is always talking to my belly and calling the baby his baby girl. We have a 2 year old son already. Me personaly.. im leaning towards a girl but praying for a healthy baby. Nothing is better than a healthy baby no matter the gender. So, what i did in order to stop stressing out i sat down and talked to my husband and told him how i felt. Which went like " babe i dont want to feel like im letting you down if this baby comes out to be a boy.. If the baby is a boy i dont want you to not love him the same as if it was a girl". He told me that it doesnt matter at all and i really wanted a girl because i know you were leaning towards one. I was so surprised when he said that. Anyhow dont stress. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Its the mans job to be sure he had a boy there for you to have, My husband and I want a girl, and we have always been right about our feelings of what it is.

Whatever it is we will be happy, I will keep you in our thoughts though.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'll be praying for you & your little one. I'm sure your husband will be happy with either, every baby is a blessing!!! We have a son that is almost 5, but are unable to have more, we would love to have a little girl!!! Congratulations either way!!!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2009