my daughter just woke up with a 100.5 fever and she has a what i think is a staph infection on her butt cheek. should i just still wait till the morning to call the doctor or take her to the ER now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• OP here- she's 22 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Personally I would take her to the ER, but I am the type of person who needs things like that figured out now before they get worse...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• take her to the ER NOW! Better safe then sorry! GL yall will be in my prayers!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am pretty familiar with staph infection and I would wait until to tomorrow unless her fever goes over 103. Her pediatrician is the best person to take care of the staph and is much betterthan an ER doctor because her pediatrician knows her and will take care of her better than anybody. Honestly its up to you go with your gut. The only way I would take my child into he ER with that fever is if the staph looks way worse than when you last checked it and she is in more pain. Good luck hon staph is no fun especially for a baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• wait
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I hope your little one is doing OK. My baby is 37 days old and has been in the hospital for a week so far due to a staph infection. There were no outward signs of a staph infection for her at first. Her signs were fussiness and then difficult breathing. Her infection entered the blood stream. We took her to the ER and they past it off as Gas. By the next morning she was gasping to breath. We rushed her over an hour away to see her Cardiologist. We were very lucky.Staph infections are serious and they kill.

Good luck!
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• At 22 months old my doc says ER if fever over 102 so I would wait personally, but that is completely up to you. If she is acting really out of the ordinary then go, but a fever of 100.5 is hardly even a fever.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• A FEVER IS THE WAY A BODY IS FIGHTING AN INFECTION, BUT THE BABY BEING SO YOUNG ANYTHING OVER 102 SHOULD BE SEEN BY A DOCTOR AND I FOUND MOTRIN WORKS BEST CALL PHARM. TO GET THE EXACT DOSAGE. MY DAUGHTER IS 10 YEARS OLD. I WENT THREW MEDICAL CLASSES SO I DO KNOW ALITTLE.
    depressed4real

Answer by depressed4real at 8:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• CALL your pediatrician. The nurse can tell you over the phone your best option. Best wishes~
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 8:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• YOUR STORY ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THREW ALREADY REMINDS ME OF ME AND MY DAUGHTER SHE WAS HOSPITALIZED AT 2 WEEKS AND EVERYTIME I TURNED AROUND IT WAS A ROUGH FIRST 4 YEARS. GOOD LUCK!!!! JUST RELAX YOU KNOW YOUR BABY DONT LET THE DOCTORS TELL YOU WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT IN YOUR HEART!!!
    depressed4real

Answer by depressed4real at 8:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009