Question? Waiting on my OB office to open....

Okay, so I will be 35 weeks tomorrow, and I cant sleep. At all. Whatsoever. Last night was really bad. The past 2 days I've had a low backache and last night it was really bad. I've also had what have felt like mild period cramps but they arent regular so I havent worried about them too much. This morning things got worse and no matter how I change my position my back doesnt quit hurting and the cramps dont stop. What does this sound like? This is baby #1 so I have no idea.

AshlieTolliver

Asked by AshlieTolliver at 6:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Those are signs of labor you'ld be 5 wks early but That far enough along the baby should be ok. However it's still early there can be complication You could just be having pre labor which starts around this time though you usually don't notice it. You can always call your OB 24hrs and talk to an on call it will usaully be an answering service that answers or another # given to call and your doc will call back. I would go to the hospital now to make sure every thing is good just go to the labor and delivery area Good luck let me know how it works out.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I cant go to the hospital now, my husband is at work and has the truck. The only way I can get ahold of my OB is if I call his office. He's the only OB in town so he directs questions to L&D up at the hospital. Good news is, the hospital is like 2 miles away.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 6:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Ph shit you leave in a small town . Um you call labor and delivery what time does your dh get home. Can any one else take you a neighbor any one? You can't walk like that it's not good idea. How good is your insurance? If its state you could call an ambulance depending on the state.I'm so so sorry! We will figure something out. just keep talking it will distract from the disconfort if you want to add me as a friend we can im to pass the time so you dont lose your mind.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If your "period like cramps" become regular...like you can time the strongest point to the weakest point and they are only 3-5 minutes apart, you need to be making some calls. I promise you don't want to have that baby by yourself! I hope your DH is not too far away so he can get home quickly. You can always call your OB and explain it to them and they will either advise you to come on in, or do something else! Good Luck Momma....it is getting closer!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Try getting on the floor on your hands and knees, then lower your head to the floor, with your bottom sticking up in the air. This sometimes can make the baby move up alittle and may help lower back pain.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2009