How do you show yourself...{NO ONE ELSE}what you are made of?

How do you show yourself and God what you are made of?

Do you practice what you preach?

Does it really matter what people think of your walk with God?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 6:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ...to walk out my faith!

...to turn from discouragement!

...to turn to God's promises!

...to react in love!

...to receive love!

...to stand on the Word!

...to believe God!

...to share the Gospel!

...to be led by the Holy Spirit!

...to hold fast to the confession of my faith!

...to be 'unshakable'!

...to praise the Lord!

...to dance before Him!

...to grow in wisdom!

...to live in the spirit of peace!

...to exercise the sound mind the Lord has given me!

...to grow in grace!

...to obtain revelation knowledge!

...to pray without ceasing!

...to believe without ceasing!

...to gain understanding according to the Word!

...to be blessed!

...to be a blessing!

...to thank the Lord for all
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 6:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I show people what I'm made of by being a decent human being who loves and cares for mankind. Actions speak louder than words.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• -God knows what I am made of. I do not have to prove myself to anyone but him.

-No, I "preach" what I practice. The reason I preach the love, kindness, grace, redemption and peace of God is because every ounce of my body is filled with it.

-Yes, on some level, it does. My walk with God is a lifestyle. I take God and represent my walk with him everywhere I go in my speech and actions. If I'm demonstrating and representing my faith to others in a way that cause another person to stumble or turn them off of Christ, then yes, it absolutely does matter.

The truth of God sometimes is painful. It causes us to try to go against our human nature and forsake the detrimental ways that come so easy to us. However, the message of salvation, of what Jesus did when he died on the cross for us, is NOT offensive. If I offend someone sharing the message of Jesus, I do not consider myself to have been an effective influence.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How do you show yourself and God what you are made of?>> I don't show God anything because I don't believe in him.. I show myself many things. Take what you learn, there is a lesson in all life.

Do you practice what you preach?>>> yes and no. Yes when it matters. But I've slipped a few times, and said a swear word in front of my DD, and tried to tell her not to repeat it. We can't always be perfect.

Does it really matter what people think of your walk with God?>>>>nope, because I don't walk with any God because I dont' believe in any and I dont' care what people think of my beliefs because they are my own. beliefs are based of theories.. theories are not fact. So even though your beliefs may seem like facts to you, they aren't to another.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i don't preach...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• 1. Thankfully, I don't give a damn what any imaginary god thinks of me. 2. I donate to the Salvation Army and Cerebral Palsy because it makes sense and draws good karma and good feelings. 3. I buy dolls at yard sales and clean and dress them for the local Caring Ministries shop because I'm good at it and I enjoy it. 4. I put on puppet shows, free, for various organizations--libraries, clubs, schools, etc., because I'm good at it and it's fun for me AND my audiences. 5. I perform healing and helping spells as a witch, because they work for reasons beyond my understanding. 6. In conclusion, what I give out I get back three times over and I am a good person because it is to my advantage to be one. If this isn't good enough for you...well, I don't care what YOU think of me either!! LOL
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2009