Do you have detours in your life?

what are some of the biggest and longest detours that you have in your life?

Do you try to tough them out or find a simpler way around them?

Do the simpler ways get you stuck and you just have to start all over again?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 7:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ROAD BLOCKS ~~~ SELF
    Sure see a lot of that in these answers.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• We so often say - "If only God would give me a sign." He probably has - we just were too caught up in the 'planned' route that we never saw it as we went speeding by. They say "Stop and smell the roses." I suggest that we stop and read the signs along life's road - expecting our God who has promised to lead us and show us the right paths - to do just that!
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• THE DETOURS THAT I HAVE HAD THROUGHT MY LIFE HAVE ONLY MADE ME STRONGER, I FACE THEM HEAD ON. HE HAS SHOWN ME MY PATH, THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME.

Answer by older at 8:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I depend on my inner strength, common sense and gut feelings to get through detours, and when I get past them, I have only myself to thank- not a god.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• well said IhartU, i agree :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My own inner strength and higher reasoning combined with the love and support of those closest to me are all that I need.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• -My specific detours are between me and God.

-I do as God leads. I do not believe that the answer to our problems is always the hard or difficult one. The hard and painful way is not always God's way. Sometimes, I think we make things harder on ourselves when God is trying to show us that his way is easier and better for us. Everyone's relationship with God and their tests, stumbles and triumphs are PERSONAL. They can't all be lumped together in one statement or question.

-The ways that are not best for me get me stuck. It has nothing to do with "simple vs. hard."

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I can honestly say there have been no detours in my life. I plow right through and don't pay any attention to the road construction around me. Yes I have experienced tough times, but I never veered away and taken a detour. There's no reason to go off course, I believe that I can create my own destiny and I won't let anything get in my way.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Everyone has detours in their life. It is how they perceive them that changes whether they are a pleasant scenic detour, or one that may leave you stranded for a bit before you get back on the road. Regardless, of detours one road will always lead to another and another and another. Should you reach a dead end you only need to turn around and find another road.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• what are some of the biggest and longest detours that you have in your life?>>>> finacial set backs.

Do you try to tough them out or find a simpler way around them? >>>> there is no simpler way of dealing with things other than avoidance, which will only later come back to be made up.. so the only way to deal with any detour is to tough it out. Besides, most of the time, the battle isn't nearly as hard to win as we make them out to be.

Do the simpler ways get you stuck and you just have to start all over again?>>> again, there really is no simpler way, otherwise it wouldn't be a "detour".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009