SO OVER COMPANY

Any new moms out there just feel really fed up with visiters or ppl that think your baby is their baby too??? I am young and live with my parents so maybe my situation is different. Its like if we go anywhere with certain family members, noone asks me my opinion on decisions, and it is my baby. It's like since I am with him all day people figure that when they are visiting I should go sit down somewhere and not enjoy him too. Then I have this neighbor, she is 30 years older than me with no kids, and she will just pop on over when she feels like it. One morning she was at the screen and I was having a really bad day, and I don't know of a way to tell people to call first without offending. But seriously, CALL FIRST. WTF. She called twice in a row one time and it was like 8, BEDTIME for baby, and then the third day she just moozied on over. Plus she smells strong, like smoke maybe, so I have to bathe my baby every time.

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 8:01 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just have to be firm, Hang a sign on the door that says baby napping do not disturb, maybe that would keep the neighbor away. As for everyone else, well I used to feel the same way, when I had my first, he was the only baby in my family, there had not been a baby since my sisters and I. I couldn't keep people away. You just have to deal with it unless you really want them gone in which case you will have to be rude and probably hurt thier feelings. A nurse once told me, Just remember, You'll have all the time you want with your baby when he wakes up everynight, that will always be YOUR time.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Get a sling. A Hot Sling is good, a Moby Wrap is better. Few people are so bold as to reach in and grab your baby from a sling or wrap.

If you are nursing it should be even easier. Nothing clears a room (often enough) like a babe at the breast, or you can disappear telling everyone the baby gets easily distracted and she needs to eat.

And you can hold onto your babe and say "you know how first time mothers are." It was easier to share my second than my first.

You can also say that your doctor said not to let people who have smoke in their clothes or wear strong perfumes hold the baby.

Your age and living situation has something to do with it, but all of us are younger than our parents/aunts/uncles and are often viewed as clueless in the ways of the world.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009