loss of interest in sex

my son is 20 months old and i have completely lost interest in sex. my husband is confused but i tell him thats its not him..my son sleeps in the same bed as us ..well his matress is attached to our matress. anyways, i just think its weird to have sex next to our son. I just don't feel like it also..is it because im still breastfeeding? I dont know whats wrong with me and if its even normal....Is there anything I can do to get myself back into it?

Colleen86

Asked by Colleen86 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it is completely normal. I am 27 and we are on our 5th pregnancy and my interest in sex always dies during pregnancy and for a while after because we are so busy. It is exhausting being a mommy. Lack of sleep, lack of spending all that time making ourselves look nice. Sometimes we don't feel so sexy so it is hard to be interested in intimacy. My husband complains all the time especially because or 20 month old sleeps between us and I am 7 1/2 months pregnant. Things will change. Relationships are always the hardest once kids come into the picture, but it will work out. Just be patient with your husband, try to understand how he feels. And be patient with yourself, you are doing the hardest job on the planet.

Good luck.
    MrsSanchez

Answer by MrsSanchez at 9:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would move your son into his own room, asap. Once you and your dh have your own space back you can start cuddling/snuggling again and that might lead to other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Umm. Well first off.. when i was breastfeeding, my libido was still as strong as it is now. (which is off the wall) so it's not that. Personally i think it's because your son is in the same room as you. He's 20 months, when are you planning on putting him in his own room? He cant be with you in the same room forever. The longer you wait the harder it's going to be for him to sleep in his own room. I bet once that you get him in his own room, you might see an increase in your libido. The longer you go without it, the less you crave of it. So if you start having sex again, it will increase.
    AirborneBratMom

Answer by AirborneBratMom at 8:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2009