GED TEST!!! WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT??

I WAS JUST LOOKIN UP SOMEPLACES WHERE I CAN TAKE MY TEST! UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NO TIME FOR CLASSES!!! I HAVE MY 2 KIDS, HUSBAND ,IM IN SCHOOLFOR EMT TRAINING & I ALSO DO VOLUNTEER WORK FOR AN AMBULANCE CORP & I SUFFER FROM TEST ANXIETY SO EVERY TIME I GET THE NERVE TO TAKE THE TEST I BACK OUT...
SO IM JUST GONNA TRY TO TAKE THE TEST & SEE WHERE I AM WITH THAT I HOPE & PRAY THAT I PASS, THIS HAS BEEN SO HARD FOR ME! ANY SUGGESTIONS,IDEAS OPINIONS FROM ANY ONE THAT WILL HELP ME IN TAKING THIS TEST? LIKE WHAT TO EXPECT?

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in

• local library may have the books on each subject
    if you are in a rural area with small library, maybe they can get from another one.

i took GED a million years ago, it was not hard, back then it was 7 or 8 separate tests. i studied from each subject book, it gives you sample tests, so you will really know what to expect

good luck, you can do it
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I don't know how it works in your state, but here in KY, they have just changed it. You have to go in and take a "practice" test. Depending on how well you do on that determines how many hours of study you have to do before you can take the actually test. My dd did very well, and had to do the min. of 12 hours. GL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You should be able to find study guides at the library.

If you don't have time to study for this very important exam, how will you have time to further your education?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I hold a high school diploma and an associates degree, but my sister took a ged before going to college and she told me it was a piece of cake, of course she studied for it as well. You will be fine, good luck.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My mother took the GED years ago and I remember reading her books and realizing that the majority of stuff in it was 4th grade level and that I could have passed it at the age of 12 because it was pretty basic stuff.
    mikazuki

Answer by mikazuki at 9:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In FL the GED is not basic stuff and most people have a very difficult time passing it.

I taught GED classes for several years and I would recommend going into a class at least to take a practice test. Or seeing if you can find one online. The practice tests (at least here) are very similar to the real test so you will know what to expect. You also get a sense of how many you can miss and still pass. If you have test anxiety you don't want to panic if you come across a couple of questions that trip you up. That happens especially on the math for many people.

Good Luck!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2009

• check and see if your local library has a GED study guide book....they have guide books for every other test known to mankind.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 5:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2009