Almost ONE and still not sleeping through the night!!

My DS is almost 1 and still wakes at least twice a night, usually once to nurse. He's been cutting teething left & right and not sleeping in his crib so he is sleeping with me. We just started trying to get him back in his crib last 2 nights and he lasts maybe 2 hours, its a work in a progress, plus he has learned how to climb out of his crib *Yes, its as low as it goes! family is getting him a toddler bed for his bday*

Anyways, any tips on to get him to sleep in his crib and/or to maybe stop the wanting to nurse at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my oldest was in a toddler bed at 8 months . He was climbing out of his crib. He also didn't truly sleep thru the night until he was about 18 months. some kids just don't. I would try not picking him up just laying him back down rubbing his back and softly saying go to sleep night night. he needs to learn how to fall back to sleep when he does wake.
    G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think that some kids just are wired differently aboutsleeping through the night. My son is almost 2 has always had a hard time sleeping through the night. he still has a night every now and then that he wakes up at night. Also my son woke to eat at least once a night til about eighteen months he just couldn't make it that long with out eating. He grew a lot around that time and has since slowed down. But just keep calm and maybe try to lay im back down and get to sleep on his own before you feed him.
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Hes quite normal for the age. Sleeping through the night is a mere five hours.

Theres a great article on drjaygordon.com on transitioning baby fromt he family bed. But be aware that it doesn't necessarily mean he'll sleep more.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My daughter is 18 months, and still wakes at least twice a night.. usually more around 4-6.. she never eats though, its more for comfort. We have leaned towards the fact that we *think* she is having nightmares.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009