Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I keep my Annual Pap Test while Bleeding?

I have a paid pap. test coming. I've had Vaginal Bleeding for 7 Weeks now! Should I still go in? What can they see or Tell? As worried I am over my Health issues I don't want to gross them out? What should I do? Sorry if TMI?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

Answers (7)
  • Hon, if you have had vaginal bleeding meaning red blood for 7 weeks, I would go in, they may need to see you. If you had the baby 7 weeks ago, you should not be bleeding, discharge yes and at this stage it should be almost white, I would go to be checked out, it doesnt sound normal to me.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 9:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • Seeing you have been bleeding for 7 weeks, yes you still need to go in for the exam. There is obvioulsy something wrong there. Normally, though no you shouldn't, when a pap is done, blood is consider a sign that something could be wrong. Don't worry about grossing the doctor or nurse out, that is part of their job. They see worse than a woman bleeding during an exam. GO TO THE DOCTOR AND HAVE YOUR EXAM. You need to find out what is going on.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • call the doctor office and tell them ahead of time. They wont due a pap smear but may due an ultrasound. i had this issue when i was on the shot. I got off the shot and the bleeding stopped.
    could b bleeding from birth control if nothing else.

    Answer by worried546 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • Call the doc's office to see. Sometimes they'll tell you to wait a week or so before coming in. I would definately want to be seen without bleeding because it can produce false results. Believe me, I know. Fourteen years ago, I started showing up cervical cancer cells and finally last week had to have a total abdominal hysterectomy. Your "female" health is sooooo very important to keep up with!! Good Luck

    Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • They cannot do an accurate pap if you are bleeding, but I would go in anyway due to the extended time of bleeding and see if something else is wrong. You did not say whether you just gave birth or not and if not then you DEFINITELY need to be seen for the 7 weeks of bleeding.

    Answer by aeneva at 12:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • No. Thank you Ladies! I have not given birth. I'm in my late 40's! This is annoying. It gets worse with any work. Like lifting the toddlers, cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, Anything at all.. I gush..! TMI sorry. I am running out of money for "products" when we don''t have money for the bills, basics & needful things! I'm Miserable! My DH tries to be understanding.. But I can't Walk much, do much, cook, clean, Etc.. Not to mention, Mr. Horny is complaining.. And I'm like, I'm Broken,.. I'm dying here please don't suggest anything. The me he loved for all theses years is gone! I feel so Bad, low, Horrible! Coming here to write it away.. is all I have. He says he needs me Well. My children & grand children all depend on me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

  • I am 20, I have had slight bleeding for 60 days now. It is finally fading out, but my doctor told me it was just hormones. Mine was sort of like yours, everytime I would do physical activity I would bleed heavier, never gushing though. I was told that I probably had ovarian cysts because of this symptom, but ended up being hormone changes. Maybe you are starting menopause? If you dont have the money for a doctors visit go to a Health Department or Planned Parenthood. They do check ups for women of any age. Hope this helps :)

    Answer by mommyk0106 at 5:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.