What to do about BF's dog??

My bf's dog has done nothing but destroy my house. She chewed my coffee table, my rocker glider, and my brand new sofa, not to mention chewed a hole in my brand new comforter. He hasn't replaced anything like he said he going to. He moved in with me a few months ago and it still isn't getting any better. I am really starting to hate this dog. She got into something now that has made her sick and I am left with cleaning up the mess. Its so bad that I actually made me puke. I have been putting her in the kennel at night only to wake in the am and she is covered in dog shit I am at m wits end with his dog. Is it wrong of me to ask him to get rid of her?? She has also destroyed my back yard, which we had to redo and plant grass. Now having her in my front yard is no good, she has eaten my trees and dug huge holes in the front. I want this dog gone!!!! She is over a yr old and is just down right retarted!!

newlifewith3

Asked by newlifewith3 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pets

• lol i'd tell him to train the dog to act right or get rid of it, if he had a problem with it, i'd say "well YOU get a house for it to tear up"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i would designate a spot in the back yard put a kennel up and put her in it so she couldnt destroy thing and only let her in the house when he is home so he can keep a eyes on her its sound like to me she has anxity or ocd u can also talk to a vet and see what they recomand
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i think you have every right to get rid of it but if it's not a pure breed it may take awhile for you to find a home. i would have your bf pay for training and make sure they go. thats one thing about pets they destroy things. i planted some plants and my dogs dug them up. great. we started a dog run but need to finish it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• the dog may be acting crazy because it knows you hate it. You should break up with your boyfriend if u don't like animals- or at least since he's shown u that he's irresponsible.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 2:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Its not that I don't like animals. I love my dog and my two cats. I just have not met a dog like the one he has. I did talk to him about it when he came home at lunch and asked that he spend more time with his dog instead of me always taking care of her, He wasn't too happy about this but it seems like this dog is acting out just a kid would if their parent didn't pay attention to them,
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009