How Many of You Do A Special Back to School Breakfast?

I know I usually try to make a big deal about the first day of school with back to school cards tucked into lunch boxes, awesome packed lunches and a special breakfast. Last year I made Jungle Bar French Toast Stix and my girls loved 'em, and so did hubby and I. This year I'm thinking of making blueberry pancakes and bacon.

Now, because I work out of the home 3 days a week the start of school is usually a day where I'm scheduled to go into the office so to make sure that the breakfast is made and we're all dressed and out the door on time I wake up somewhere around 5:30 - 6ish and usually I go into the office later that day as well.

Are there any special breakfast ideas you have that you'd like to share?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in

• My dd loves chocolate chip pancakes..she only gets them at her uncles house. At her grandparents they make Mickey Mouse pancakes and decorate the face with fruit.

I love the casserole with eggs and bread..we have it for Christmas with Monkey bread and it can be made the night before but has to be baked for and hour...not sure if the kids would like it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Out the door before 6 am? No time!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I always make them their favorite breakfast and that varies but they love blueberry muffins and chocolate milk.....
    sweetwhite30

Answer by sweetwhite30 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We do bacon, eggs, waffles, but they pick through it because their so excited, but back to school here is september 8th.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My stepson recently came to live with me and my husband full-time and this year for his first day of school (3rd grade) we are having chocolate chip waffles for breakfast. That night is the real fun though. We are having "Daddy's famous burgers" (my hubs recipe) and renting Race to Witch Mountain (it comes out that day). I love to make his first day of school special.
    XandersMommy74

Answer by XandersMommy74 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 30, 2009