What do you do to save on "Back to School" shopping?

Tips, deals. ect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• Well, my kids aren't in school yet. But I did just go on a huge "school supply" shopping spree since everything was on sale. I got 8 boxes of Crayola 24ct Crayons for just $.25 each... And a bunch of office supplies, paper, folders and what not for my office... I spent a total of like $15. Love Wal*Mart!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I shop for what they need for the entire year. Why pay $1.50 for crayons in December when I can pay .25 now. Same with whatever else they might need. I also buy clothes when they go on clearance as far as a new school outfit.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We shop sales all year, especially the ones just after school starts

Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I am goign to the outlets. I am goign to Gap outlet, childrens place, and ll bean oultlet. THye are typically cheaper then the regular store. I also plan on what I am buying and where I am goign then go to Ebay and buy coupons for that store. I am goign to Gap out let and Justice in the mall. I am bought a coupon for 40% off both stores and the Gap one I can use as much as I want. THat saves major money.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 3:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I do not shop all in one place. Where jeans may be this price here, they may be on sale elsewhere. I also try to shop BEFORE the "back to school" crap starts. They usually wanna jack up prices around August. Shopping during summer is the best bet. I also go to store where I can get HUGE savings (Kohls, Target, Marshalls and Ross are my favorites). I look for deals and sales on shoes (Shoe carnival, shoe dept and payless). Check the newspapers for deals and sales, too.

BROWSE. Shop around first. See which stores have what. In May I had extra money and Old Navy had boys jeans and cargos for like $8 I believe (can't really remember the price, but was more than 50% down). I got him a few pair that he will use for school.

We don't buy anything they do not need. They have backpacks and lunch boxes in perfect condition so I am not getting those.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 30, 2009