Did you see this story? Do you think the parents or the cabdriver are to blame?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32188864/ns/us_news-life/?gt1=43001

I understand having alot of things on your mind but to forget your child in a cab?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The cab driver's fault is in that after a shift the driver is supposed to clean out the cab. If he had cleaned out the cab he would have noticed a child being left in there. I don't think the driver is guilty of child abuse or neglect, but he certainly screwed up.

LEARN TO READ!!! He dropped the family and their luggage off and it was just MINUTES later the cab company called him and said he still had the kid--not at the end of his shift! This is 100% the dumbass parent's fault. If they aren't used to taking care of their 5 year old by this time, maybe somebody needs to be in charge of the child who won't forget and leave her sleeping in a taxi.
    Anonymous

• I just posted this same exact thing uder general parenting. I cant even believe it. No way should the cabbie be to blamed!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh my goodness! That is totally the families fault. Even though he was suppose to inspect the cab, you expect to find a package or purse, NOT A CHILD!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well I think it's unfair that the cab driver is going through such occupational distress over this. I don't get how the parents could forget their kid. I guess maybe Dad though Mom had her and Mom thought Dad had her? Either way, it was a mistake, the child was returned unharmed and the driver was trying to do the right thing. It stinks that they're attacking him for it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have a hard time understanding these types of stories. It is hard for me to understand how any parent can forget their child in a car or taxi in this case.

We recently had a father leave their infant in the car here. The baby of course died. They didn't know it until the mom went to daycare to pick up the infant at the end of the day. This seems to happen every few years here.

To me I can't imagine having that much on my mind where I forget my child.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 10:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• And to me it is the parent's fault, no the cabbie.
    TessLouise

• It's the parent fault. I have communication with my SO and I will say" you get the bags and I have the baby" or vise verse   COMMUNICATION...............................................................................................      I feel bad for the poor cab driver.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• In no way is it the cab driver's fault in my opinion. A parent's #1 priority is to look after and take care of their kid...a cab driver's #1 priority is to drive people to their destination (at least while he's working) not become the village babysitter. I know I wouldn't expect someone to leave their child and I'm sure he wouldn't either.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I also think it is the parent's fault. Ok the cab driver is supposed to check his cab for things left behind but still, like another poster said, you don't expect to find a child back there! And I'm sure this cab driver never thought someone would leave their kid in his cab.
    Just last night I had a dream that I left my kids at the park and didn't realize it until hours later! I felt like the worst mother ever and I was crying in my sleep!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• the parents fault 100 %.
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 10:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009