active jobs?

I wanted to find an active job i can do.Not a sit down desk job.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Insurance adjuster? I'm in the same boat... I'm not good at desk-jockeying.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• mall work,they never get to sit down,.. any department store, and with min wage up, you cant go wrong..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• join the military.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 10:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The options are endless. It depends on what your skills are, and where you live. Right now, I'd take ANY job, no matter if it was sitting or standing.

My experience: I worked as a pharmacy tech, were I was on my feet 8 hours a day, and mjob changed daily. It only requires a HS diploma, despite what the "commercials" say. Barely physical, in the air, realy never broke a sweat, but no sitting down. My DH works hanging gutter, climbing 2 story ladders all day out in the heat with a 20 lb tool belt strapped to him. VERY physicall, in the head/cold/rain, sweat...
    So,, it all depends on HOW phyiscal you want to be.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 10:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Wal-mart... I was a manager for several years. It really is a better job than people think. They pay pretty well, and you are very active. Especially if you apply for an in-stock or ICS position. That is unloading the truck and putting merchandise on the shelves. There is a ton of opportunity for growth also. You would probably start out as part time - but you can always move up!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Retail
    Daycare
    Post office
    copy center

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have some ideas on my blog. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com Check out the archives.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009