Alcohol at a wedding??

Ok, so I don't mind people having alcohol at their weddings but my fiance and I don't want to deal with anybody that gets too much to drink and acts stupid. Do you think it's rude of us to not have alcohol at our wedding?

TheJBug

Asked by TheJBug at 10:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband and I don't drink, and for the most part neither do a lot of our families. Anyone else who was invited and did drink just knew there wouldnt be alcohol at our wedding. I saw no reason to pay for alcohol for a few people especially if we weren't going to be drinking. Our church also didn't allow it, so it was easy to decide not to have it. People may have thought it was kind of boring, but the ones that mattered were just there to share our happiness.
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You're wedding, your choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Absulutety, it will be a very dull wedding without any alcohol. When I go to a wedding, I only have a couple of drinks, it just makes the wedding more enjoyable.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No it's not rude. I've been to several weddings where there was no alcohol. At my cousin's, they decided not to have alcohol because her husband's side of the family tends to get wild when they drink! I wouldn't want to deal with drunk people at my wedding eithier. Plus, a couple people we know are recovering alcoholics so it might not have been appropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It is your choice, absolutely, but I would let word get out so people know what to expect, I would hate for the guests to arrive and look for the bar and hear the chatter that there is none followed up by disappointment ON my wedding day. Make sure they understand...maybe its regional, but from where I come from, open bar is absolutely expected at a wedding.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've been to open bar wedding and dry weddings and everything between...at ours we had a keg of beer and champagne for toasting...not too much there so they couldn't get too drunk...lol

It's your day so make it perfect for you!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've been to both and honestly had more fun at ones that didn't serve alcohol. Maybe it is a regional thing like another poster said because where I'm from, it would be a surprise if there WAS an open bar. I don't know, I think it is your wedding and you can do what you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We didn't have alcohol at ours...at the insistence of my family! Just a bottle of champagne for the toast. It was all good without it...but, 14 yrs later...I wish we would have done what we wanted to do. Do what YOU want to do...it's YOUR day!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's your day I myself would'nt have a dry wedding and if you have people at your wedding that are'nt adult enough to drink then why the hell do you want to have them at your wedding if people act like asses then they can stay away from me. The ones that your concern about talk with them and If they act like an ass they will be asked to leave. Where im from there's an open bar and we party it up. Not out of control partying but clean adult partying.

Your wedding your choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You don't have to have alcohol at the wedding, but the reception you should have fountains of beer. You should require ecvery adult to take 2 shota of vodka before entering the building. Lets make it a reception NO one will remember.

Just kidding... If you want a dry reception, have a dry reception. It will save you tons of $$ too.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 10:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009