Braxton Hicks

ok so with my first baby i didnt get the braxton hicks till around the 27th weekof pregnancy but i am just now starting my 20th week of this pregnancy and monday my stomach hurt most of day not sure if it was a braxton but it seemed like it but disappeared after that could you get braxtons that early ?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep. I read somewhere that BH contractions are the pregnancy version of uterine contractions you get daily no matter what, but with the uterus so expanded during pregnancy it makes it easier to feel them. When and how often you feel them varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy, obviously. The "norm" for starting to feel BH contractions, though, is about 20 weeks, so it's not early at all.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thanks just had me worried because i never felt them this bad with my daughter that i do now
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2009