Have you ever been removed from a CM Group because of your beliefs?

I was removed from one of the WAH groups here. And the message I got from the group owner was very nice but explained that she didn't feel comfortable exposing group members to "my kind" of people. And that "while I am free to practice what ever religion a choose that she will not support my choice by allowing me to infect her group with devil worship..."

Now, I do NOT own a pagan style business in any way. I'm with Ameriplan & FreebieForce. They have NOTHING to do with religion. Yet, I was removed for this reason.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, this happened a good while ago, I was just thinking about it now though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have never been removed but I did choose to leave a few groups when I saw that their beliefs went opposite of mine.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I really am not part of too many groups, but on cafemom we have the right to remove or allow anyone we want inot our groups.

I am very sorry, I understand I might have a bitter tone. The last three days the anti Catholic police has been on patrol. After reading the responses to my question today I think it is time I just forgive them for their words and move on.

Start up your own group :-) and make it clear you will even allow a group owner who removed you be part of your group.

your kind? that was a real nice way of putting it wasn't it?
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• NO and thats pathetic that she would do that to you. OR that it should happen to anyone.

Ive been judged on my beliefs but not tossed from anywhere.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How is that nice? lol.

No, I've never been removed but I wouldn't be surprised if I ever was. As a Presbyterian, I've never been accepted by the more mainstream views and was often ostracised for it growing up. People can't look past my different views and interpretations to see the fact that I love God just as much as they do and am seeking his will just as much as they are.  People have used everything including my age, denominational affiliation, upbringing and whatever else you can think of as a reason why my beliefs are wrong or misguided.  There were times in my Christian school where I was accused of affecting the student body with my "coldness" because I refused to participate in certain Chapel services that I felt were not pleasing to God.  I've come to accept that I will find this wherever I go and there's nothing I can do about it.

(I comment this way because I'm mostly in religious and Christian groups here.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Did you report the group. Bc if I am not wrong unless a group on CM states it clearly what the group is about... i.e ... such as a certain type of religious based group or cultural type etc.. group they can not let you go under discrimation reasons.... based on race, creed, religion or sex..
    I know it has happened a while ago, but I would still contact CM and get their imput on it...

Sorry Sabrina that that has happened to you...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ive been removed from a few different ones for my beliefs. but i never really planned to stay in the groups anyways.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would've reported the group, for sure.

But to answer your question... nope... never been removed from a group.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• gmasboy - I did report it at the time. But CM told me that the group owner has sole discression. I didn't realize that they had the right to discriminate, but they do. I was under the impression that you had to break a "guideline" to be removed.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. If that's the attitude of the owner, I don't want to be there. I did start my own group. (for Pagan Business owners & wahms)...

I just wondered if it happened to anyone else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That was wrong of them to do. It's a group for businesses not religion. And unless you were posting religiouse stuff in the group what does she care. It doesn't matter if you were cause CM protects this stuff don't they. You can't be discriminated agianst for sex/race/RELIGION so on and so forth? Shame on her shame shame.......
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009