Random Acts of Kindness

What have you seen or done? The other day I was on my way home a saw a car backing up in the road! I switched lanes and was like WTF! Then I saw the object in the road. He had stopped to get a large turtle out of the road so it wouldn't get hurt. It was so nice of him to do that. A year or so ago, I saw a car stop at an interestion to help a man in a wheelchair up a step sidewalk. The poor guy made it up a bit, but just couldn't make it all the way up. And not too long ago my husband got out and helped a guy near my mom's house push start his car that had stalled in the road.

With so much bad news now aday, I like to hear about the good in people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I heard of someone driving by a ladies house that they knew from church and they noticed her SUV was open and full of grocery sacks so they pulled in to help her carry in groceries. I wish I noticed other's needs more because I dont tend to notice stuff like that. Im going to be on the look out more.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They have a section in our local paper here that does this...a woman my family knows owns an upscale ladies couture shop...a lady came in one day to buy a scarf for a friend who had cancer and was going through chemo...well the scarf she had wanted was beyond her price range so she chose a cute hat instead...while checking out the lady we know put the scarf and an angel pin in the bag, when the customer said "oh I'm sorry, but I just can't afford that" Our friend responded "Consider it a gift from me and give her my wishes for a healthy recovery"
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:04 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Anyone see the movie "Pay It Forward" ??? Makes me think of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'm on a tight budget, meaning I usually have no money! One of my coworkers who has become a good friend will buy me lunch or show up in the morning with a breakfast burrito for me. So when I have the money, I'll get her lunch. But she is the sweetest, she always thinks about others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That is so sweet about the woman with cancer.. You rarely hear of those stories anymore. I can't even stomach the news because it's always bad. But this really made my day. I will have to start paying more attention and become a bigger help to people.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We had an accident coming out of the Target parking lot last year. Our rear passenger side tire just sheered off and went flying across the street. We were stuck on the side of a busy street and some people pulled up behind us and asked if we needed help but since there was nothing they could do we thanked them and they left. I also saw some people stop on our street to help a guy try and push start his car. They were just driving by and saw he was having trouble and offered to help. When they couldn't get it started they helped him push it back in front of his house.
    And yesterday I had my kids pick up all the trash in the neighbor's yard. I have them do this all the time. Last week they went up and down and picked up the trash in everyone's yard (left over from our annual block party). I paid them each $1 but they would have done it for free. my neighbors also cut our grass every week for 8 years just because.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• About a year or so ago I was in a plaza parking lot and there was an eldery man on the ground with cars honking at him and driving around him while he was down. I parked my car and jumped out along with another man and got him off the ground. The other helper had to go to work so he left me and the elderly man. He said he was waiting for a bus to take him back to his retirement community( I live in Palm Beach County) but didn't know what time it comes by. So I went into Publix and asked if they knew the bus schedule which they didn't. So I sat and waited at the bus stop but after 15 mins it never came. So I drove him to his condo. He seemed kind of confused but was very grateful. He didn't have any relatives in there area , they all lived out of state. So I had to say goodbye and I still wonder how he is doing today. I can't believe people would honk at this poor man lying in the road especially in my county w/o helping him
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh my gosh...I forgot about that...similar situation happened to me...I had just dropped my son at preschool and saw cars swerving in front of me...I saw a lady lying in the middle of the road...she was disoriented couldn't tell me her name etc...so I called the paramedics....her son came running down the road screaming at her asking where the *beep* her cane was? Then he started threatening me for calling 911...at this time some road crew members taking a lunch break took notice and came to my assistance and kept him away until police arrived...I hope the woman was kept from her son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09176/979811-294.stm
    This is the link for the story on the lady with the scarf...hers is the last article...My mother brought it to my attention and I have read this section ever since...so nice to read about these acts!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 11:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I love the concept of paying it forward. My family has been doing it for as long as I can remember. I've passed it on to my kids and grandkids. It's amazing to see appreciation on the face of recipients of such kindness. Sometimes just a smile can be the kindness someone needs to make their day better.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009