does anyone have the bible verse about forgiving?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 11:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?” “No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!" (Matthew 18:21-22)

Parable of the Unforgiving servant: Matt 18:23-35.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Matthew 18:22
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15 "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke uponyou and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• "My little children, these things I write to you, that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." 1 John 2:1 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." Acts 3:19 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus ..." Romans 8:1

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009