How old were you when you moved out of your parents house?

I left my mom's when I was 16, and stayed at my BF's parents. Then we got an apartment when I was 17 and he was 19.

Only because I was pregnant, if not I would probably still be living off my mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I moved out at 19 when I joined the Navy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Did you even graduate from highschool? Why didn't you just stay with your parents, what the heck was your hurry?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• 21
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That's what happens.................. keep fooling around until somebody ends up pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well I moved out of my mom's house when I was 21 but by that time she had been living with her boyfriend, so my sister and I stayed at her house while we worked and paid the bills. Then I met my SO and I started staying at his place. I was looking for my own place because it would be closer to the school I was going to. Then my SO's lease was up and he wanted to find another place so I told him he could stay with me til he found a place. Then he never left! I'm happy about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• 21-When I got married.
    My hubby and I have been together for 5-years and we still waited to move out. If you can't afford to get married than why move in together. It made no sense.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I moved out of my parents when I was 17 almost 18 but I already graduated. I think I probably should have stayed home a little longer. I just thought I was ready to be an adult.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Who says that people who move in together do it because the can't afford to get married? What if they don't want to or don't believe in marriage?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i moved out on my 18 th bday i was preggo i was told i had too leave when i was 18 hardest thing i ever done :( me and my grandma cryed my papa is the 1 said i had too go .. he was upset i was preggo but let me stay there till i was 18 .. he forgave and loves my lil one too death.. we are on good terms and i now have a newborn who he came too hosptial too see.. which he didnt with my 1st.. i think he felt he needed too being the way he acted with 1st, but it okay i forgive. i can see why he was hurt he wanted what was best for me...my grandfather has been fighten cancer since i was preggoo with 1st and its tarting too get really bad now.. im going too visit him this weekend with kids...
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I officially moved out when I was 19 and in college. I got my own place and started staying there over summers instead of going home. I lived there until just before my first daughter was born when I was 23. It was a 1 room efficiency apartment so there was barely room for me and my husband. We moved in with his parents for a few months and then moved in with my parents. I still live with my dad and I'm 32 and have 4 kids. We tried living on our own for a couple years (in 2005-2007) but we couldn't make ends meet so we moved back home. It worked for everyone because my dad had a heart attack in 2006 and is no retired with 2 ruptured disks in his back. He never leaves the house so we do all his errands, buy all the food and take care of the house and yard. It's crazy here: 3 adults, 4 kids and only 1 shower, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2009