• In the Spotlight:

Do you know a good birth plan?

Does anyone know what you should consider when you go into labor and delivery? I want to make sure that I am prepared especially since this is my first child. I really dont know what all to expect and my dad really cant tell me anything because he said he is a man and does not know what all you need to be prepared for. I want to do what is best for me and the child so if you know any good birth plans I really would appreciate it.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 11:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://nursingbirth.wordpress.com/2009/07/
    check this blog out. it's in 2 parts. it's by a nurse and she gives you some helpful tips on writing a birth plan and also gives a sample one.
    i would also check out the rest of her blogs, as she does give the truth about L&D and dr's.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That's kind of hard to answer cause I'm not sure if you want to try to have natural labor or have no problem getting an epidural. Their is a book, What To Expect When Your Expecting, it very good & breaks down everything for you. The pain will be the worst of your life, but it's so worth it. What the book doesn't tell you is that don't let your doctors rush your labor. With my first baby they gave me pitocin to speed up my contractions & make them stronger, & they broke my water, even though I was only a few centimeters dialated. 18 hours later I had a dry birth & they had to cut me & use vacum to get my son out. So don't let them break your water so early, if your 5-7 centimeters it should be fine. You can do it natural! I only had drugs thru my IV with my second child. My labor went so much more quickly! I also pushed him out on my own no cutting. The best part is how much better you feel afterward & how fast you heal.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Also, if I had the chance again I'd get a midwife & go to a birthing center. Also don't let them induce you unless medically necessary. That's what they did with my 3rd & my labor lasted 14 hours!
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'd love to give you advice but first I need to know whether you want drugs or not, and if so, what kind...because it will effect what type of birth plan you'd want to draw up.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• this is a hard question to answer... are you interested in natural birth, or interventions? hospital, or birth center? look at all of your options, talk to people, get opinions,.... then start a birth plan

i am very passionate about natural birth, and i could share my opinions with you if that is your route.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2009