Does anyone know how to prevent stretch marks?

I am starting to get them on my lower belly and I was wondering if there is a way to prevent them or are you just doomed to have them.

crazypinkzebra

Asked by crazypinkzebra at 11:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really can't. They are hereditary. You can try coco butter and lots of moisturizer and don't forget to drink lots of water. GL!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my doc say ladies come all loation up and there thinkn hunny ur wasting your time .. if ur going get em theres nothign u can do ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• nope, you can help avoid scaring and soothe your tummy with cocca butter, but it's just a normal part of pregnancy! good luck to you~!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• well you can aoid getting pregnant, gaining weight or putting on muscle mass.....

Sucks doesn't it. One of those badges of honor is the way I decided to look at it...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• **avoid
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yeah lol, if you don't want stretch marks during pregnancy, don't get pregnant. You can't prevent them, you can *maybe* lessen the severity of them and help them fade quicker with cocoa butter lotion or stretch mark cream but that's about it, it's a fact of life
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• water, eating right, and exercise (if possible)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009