Did you use a baby carrier or sling?

I am trying to decide on what to get for my upcoming baby. Please share which you liked better and which type of sling/carrier you preferred.

BUBaby

Asked by BUBaby at 11:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a sling, baby bjorn carrier, and a sleepytime wrap. The sling is great for breastfeeding, especially in public. But my favorite and life-saver was the sleepytime wrap. Anytime she got colicky and I couldn't do much else for her, I'd put her in the wrap on my chest and she'd sleep sooo good. I could even do the dishes with her on my chest and she still wouldn't wake up.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 11:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh, I've never used the baby bjorn just because I don't like it.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've never heard of the sleepytime wrap, but I had only used a snugglie for my first born. With a new one coming up I am going to get some kind of sling for her too :) Sorry, I know not much help for the OP!
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I found a pattern online to make a sling. Well, I had my mil make it since I can't sew, lol. I loved it and can't wait to use it again this time. I am short and this one goes by your measurements, you make it to fit you. It was hard for me to find one that didn't feel like it hanging down to my knees even when put on right so this was great.
    Anonymous

• Baby bjorn. It's great. Easy to use, machine-washable. Babies love it because they are close to you. It's well-made and very secure. Causes no back pain ( I have scoliosis and it hasn't made anything harder for me, just easier ). Baby can face out or face you ( although with a newborn I recommend the newborn to face you ). Quality is IMPRESSIVE...available pretty much everywhere except Wal-Mart. Only drawback is the price-they run about 80-100$. I got mine as a gift. Try to find it used. Even if you can't find it used....I guarantee you, it's an investment you will be soo glad you made.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I use a baby bjorn when I go around town. So easy, baby is always happy in it.
    And I find them used at thrift stores all the time, cheap.

I ALSO have a sling, and use it for breastfeeding in public places. life saver.

but... it's so hot where i live (florida) that I can't always use it. Both baby and me end up sweating so much that we both cry. So I use it in cooler climates, and vacations.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have a mei tai carrier. It can be used on the front facing you or facing out, on the back or on the hip. I usually just use it on the front facing in for nursing my son. I love being able to nurse and get him to sleep while we're out.

aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 6:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009