Where should I pierce my daughter's ears?

Well I know when I'm going to pierce her ears but I don't know where. At first I thought the jewelery shop was nice, but I heard complains from other moms that the jewelery shop didn't pierce their kids ears proffesionally and carefully. So then I thought my kids pediatrcian would be good, but I heard complaints that the price was too high. So where should I piece my kid's ears?

Megan769

Asked by Megan769 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i say a tatto shop .. they have licens too do this ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I used my DD's Dr. I would rather pay more money there than some little desk in the mall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I took my DD to Clairs. She was about 10months.
    Kam06

Answer by Kam06 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I work at a Claires.... when we do an ear piercing we clean the ear then mark it with a pen before we actually pierce it....make sure the mark is where YOU want it or where YOU feel it should be. If you are unsure where to get it done at go talk to a few people that do it. See which ones you are more comfortable with.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 1:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Alot of tattoo shops will not pierce infants or small childrens ears. So your options are either having a jewelry store do it, her pediatrician (best bet..) or you can buy the piercing kit at walmart and do it yourself.. Which I don't suggest. If money is the issue (You say the pediatrician charges too much) then maybe you shouldn't be doing it. If I wanted my child's ears pierced in a professional manner with no worries of problems i'd be willing to pay.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You can also have it done at the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart (at least ours does it). I had my daughters done at Claires and it cost $30. Then I found out that they do it at Wal-Mart for $8, including the earrings and they had the same exact earrings that I got at Claire's.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i got my oldest child ears done when she was 6 months old
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 9:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Don't do it. It's so tacky!
    Anonymous

• why is it tacky to pierce a female child's ears? I don't get that...?...
    missyj919

Answer by missyj919 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009