Food for an almost 14 month old.....

Ok, so a "friend" of mine has a little girl who is almost 14 months old. I know that at this age babies can eat table food, but the things she gives this girl amazes me - raw onions, jalapenos, bananna peppers, green peppers, lemons, peanut butter, grapefruit, and the list goes on. Are these things that a 14 month old should be eating? I could never hand my daughter a jalapeno to chew on....Can't it mess up their insides? And peanut butter, aren't you supposed to wait until they are older to give it to them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the parents normally eat that kind of stuff, why not? Now if they're handing it to her to see her reaction when she bites into something...that's just mean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If there is no family history of food allergies, you can start them on peanut butter at one year old. My daughter started at one year old and she is fine. She doesn't eat raw onions or peppers, but neither do I.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If the kid likes that stuff..WOO HOO!!!! Those are all great foods! Good for you and gives great variety!!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I just didn't think it was very approptiate. And they do not eat the food. They just think it's funny that she does. They are on vacation now and she just sent me a pic of Lilly eating Sushi. To each their own I guess.
    Anonymous