WHAT WOULD YOU DO??? I NEED HELP

What really annoys me is when I am watching someones kids and they tell me they are dropping off/picking up at a certain time and it isn't until HOURS later that they come...and when you text them you get no response...or they text you as soon as they pull up in front of your house. I decided to go on a cleaning spree yesterday and woke up early which I didnt want to do but did to make sure I was done before 1pm. That is when the kids would be over....like 2 hours later they showed up with the kids. Then, this morning, they were supposed to pick the kids up...early, like 9am cuz their son had an assesment for school...he will be 4 in Nov...here it is after 9:30am and the kids are still here. I text them like an hour ago to say text me when you are on your way so I can wake up lil man and get him dressed and fed...haven't heard NOTHING...it just bugs me...I know that if I had someone watching my kids and I said I would be there

tnkrbell860

Asked by tnkrbell860 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• a certain time....I would be there...and if I was going to be late I would at least text or call and let them know. Ya know....am I wrong for being upset? I mean, both the kids are still asleep...but I am exhausted and have been up since 6am because the 3yr old woke up and destroyed everything...if I fell back asleep he would just do it all over....Finally 10 mins to 10am I get a text that they are on their way...now I have to hurry to wake up kids and get them fed and dressed....ugh...Almost 11am they get here...2 hours AFTER they said they would...What would you do??
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• um no u have the right too be upset i was watching this kid who there parnets work was 2 houses from me i would watch them leave work many days go the other way and come pick the child up when they wanted .. i only charged them 50 a wk bc i know how high daycare is well i got mad one day just had enough and told them they can find some1 else .. well they got mad and showd there ass i said well find u a daycare that only going too chrage u 50 a wk from 8 to 5 everyday .. GL
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Let them know that for every 15 minutes that they are late from the scheduled pickup time you are charging them an extra $5. Our preschool does this except it's per MINUTE! Needless to say they don't have parents late picking up their children. If they refuse to pay then tell them I'm sorry but until the bill is up to date I can't watch them anymore.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'd tell them they need to stick to their time and drop them off and pick them up when they say they are going, that I have a life too, and if they don't start respecting that, then I'm going to have to assume you abandoned your kids and call the cops. (I would never really call the cops, but I would want to get the message across)
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Wow, 2 weeks ago I was told this little boy would be over for 3 hours at the MOST, then 6 hours went by and they finally left I was suppost to go with SO that day to help him move, plus my boy and him were fighting the whole time, I was crazy by the time he left. I know how you feel.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:44 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The only problem is that they are my God Children. Not that it really makes a difference. But they usually give me like $20 or so for helping them out...Lately though I get NOTHING. I have been out of work almost a year due to medical reasons and my only income is IF/WHEN I can babysit. I live with my boyfriend and he makes good $...but I am used to having my own. My car broke down 2 mnths ago so they know that I can't go anywhere or do anything...it's just hard...cuz I dont want them to get mad and not let the kids come...They are 3mnths old and 3yrs old...The 3yr old is bad and destroys my house when he sleeps over...I tell his parents and they don't say/do anything...I just dnt kno what to do :( I don't want them being upset with me....ya kno
    tnkrbell860

Answer by tnkrbell860 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2009