How soon can you leave your baby for the weekend?

She's is still breastfeeding. She'll be 11 weeks and it would be overnight with her grandparents is it ok? I have enough milk frozen and she will take a bottle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dunno, I refuse to leave mine alone over night, and she is almost 18 months old! lol I'm just overly protective, as is my husband. I think its going to be more of a personal choice on your end as to when you feel its ok to leave her.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you feel comfortable then go ahead. My first I didn't leave overnight until he was 13 months old, and that was because I had to go to the hospital to have his brother. My second I left at 6 months old for two nights. DH and I went away for our anniversary. The boys stayed with my inlaws and I was happy to get two nights of non-interrupted sleep! lol If I didn't have my inlaws or my parents around then I would probably never leave them over night.
    Anonymous

• I guess whenever you want. I wasn't eager to get away from my baby that early, but to each their own.
    Anonymous

• Leave her when you are ready. That is a decision that every parent needs to make on their own. You need to evaluate three things: 1 is she healthy? 2 does she have bottles/milk she will need, and 3 do you completely trust the caregiver........it sounds like you do. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think as long as she's comfortable with your parents and has spent plenty of time with them, it will be fine. My only concern would be whether your milk supply is well enough established--make sure you pump enough while you're away from her that it doesn't drop off.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If it's okay or not is up to you. Are you okay with leaving her overnight? If the answer is yes, then there ya go.

However, you're going to need to take a pump with you to make sure you maintain your supply. And you're also going to need to consider if that will interfere with your plans or not.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i leave mine for the night with family... she's all breastmilk. I usually pump out milk for her 7:30am feeding, or make it back there in time.

But mine sleeps through the night (3m old right now), and has been for quite some time. I wouldn't leave her overnight if someone had to wake up with her to feed her.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009