I keep waking up on my back and I'm scared I'm going to kill my baby

I'm 33 weeks tmw, so he def. doesnt move as much as he used to, but when I wake up on my back I'm SO SCARED because he isn't moving as much and idk how to make sure. I usually eat a meal and lay on my left side and try to wiggle around to get him to move but this is freaking me out. I get really scared when he doesn't move as much. Even during the day I want him to move for me because I'm scared something happened to him. I'm tired of being so freaked out, but I also can't help it. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got the same way with my first, and there has been a few times with this one that I have been paranoid because her moving patterns changed.. she used to move tons first thing in the morning when I got up, and now she doesn't move a ton till I've been up for a couple hours. As long as you are feeling movement, your little one is fine. :) If it is a huge concern for you (about waking up on your back) try putting a pillow along your back, and talk to your doctor about what the risk really is. I fall asleep on my back on the couch now and then.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i still sleep on my back here n there it's fine the baby is okay im 30wks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh, and I am 36 weeks :) and the baby is fine. But really, if it is a big worry, just ask your doc at your next visit :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's alright, your not going to kill your baby, I wake up on my back in the morning too, I'm almost 27 weeks~! I believe that your body will wake you up and tell you to change postitions.
    As long as you feel your baby being active during the day sometime, chart how many times. IF you are stil concerned then just talk to your doctor on your next visit. good luck to you!~
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• if he isnt moving not to freak you out but something might be wrong....i had my son at 34 weeks and he was rolling over on his umbilical cord and i told the doc that he wasnt moving and he scheduled a non stress test and a bio.....so i mean it couldnt hurt to ask your doc.....i mean im glad i did becuase if i wouldnt have i wouldnt have my lil jason.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I read somewhere that if you are actually compressing the vein by laying on your back (this is why they tell you to lay on your side) that you will wake up short of breath and shaky. Laying on your side is better, but it's is not going to do any major harm to you or your baby if you roll to your back in your sleep. Of course, talk to your doctor if you are worried though...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Usually with our first child we worry and stress, if you want more information on how you are feeling, I totally agree, you should talk to your dr.
    mhoneycutt

Answer by mhoneycutt at 12:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I've been sleeping on my side and find myself waking up quite a bit on my back as well. I put a pillow behind my back so that when I do roll over onto my back my right side is up a bit therefore making me lopsided to the left. I read in one of the pregnancy websites or books (don't remember now) that this will keep the majority of the weight off the vein if you do find yourself on your back. I will sometimes even roll over to my back when I get stiff from being on my side for so long. I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. Hope this helps.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009