For those of you with more than one child...

did you begin labor the same way with all of them? Such as with my two boys my water broke. I am now due any day with #3 and I am so paranoid that my water isn't going to break, I will just have contractions and not know when to go to the hospital. Sounds kind of silly when I type it. So I was just wondering, did you always start the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• NO, ALL OF THEM WERE DIFFERENT, AND I HAD THREE.

Answer by older at 11:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• With my First 2 i had to wait it out at home and my last my water broke. So I think that all are different! Good Luck hun.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I was over a week late with both pregnancies and had to be induced both times, so yes, they were the same.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Nope. My first, the contractions started and when they got regular, we went to the hospital and they had to break my water some time later. With my next 2, my water broke on it's own! With my last, they had to induce me because my water broke but my contractions weren't regular.
    Anonymous

• Each pregnancy is different. With my first all I had was really strong contractions. Trust me though, you will KNOW when to got to the hospital. With my second I started having mild contractions. They felt weird though so we went to the hospital to later find out that i had to have an emergency c-section because her cord was wrapped. What I'm saying is: Sometimes your water might break, maybe it won't this time. Don't worry though. If you start having contractions regularly (every 5-10 minutes is when we went in and they admitted me!). And if you feel mild contractions and something just doesn't feel right then go in and make sure everything is ok.
    Hope all goes well!
    a_bai04

Answer by a_bai04 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I had pre-eclampsia with both of my boys and had to be induced early. I'm expecting #3 and the Dr. told me to expect the same.

But I know others who have not had issues with their pregnancies and their deliveries were all different.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No. First one my water broke and I was hardly feeling anything for a couple hours. Second I was having contractions and went all the way through labor without my water ever breaking until she finally came out. Two totally different labors here.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No, not at all. My first, my water broke first and the contractions started immediately. She was born 7 hours later. Second, I was induced because I was having contractions but he didnt want to send me home. They broke my water about halfway through. No 3, I went in for induction and while laboring my water broke on its own fairly late in the game...no 4....my water broke while I was yelling at my daughter (yes I yell) and my contractions didnt start until a few hours later. They ended up giving me pitocin to keep it going. He was born 7 hours later. I liked the water breaking on its own simply because I didnt have to wonder if I was in labor or not. They want you at the hospital if your water breaks. I had preterm labor with two of the pregnancies and I hated being sent home. It was super messy though...LOL...Good luck!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• nope.. first one i was induced due to pre-e, second one my water broke about 12 days early..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My first and second labors started the same. Mild contractions that increased in duration and intensity. They just started at different times (obviously).

I was induced with my third, but i'm pretty sure it would have been the same. My water has never broken on it's own.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009