Constipation?

Im pretty sure my 15 year old daughter is constipated,the last time i was was when i was pregnant with her brother but i didnt have the same things she is. Shes bloated and has period like cramps but the worst she's ever had she cant walk without it hurting her and it hurts her to push her stomache out or sit sometimes, she say she hasnt had a bowel movement in about 2 days which makes me think shes constipated? What do you think this is and what can i do to help her?Thanks for your time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• feed her watermelon. it helps to poop. or u can give her a laxitive. but if u do that and it still doesnt go away for a while u should take her to see a dr. i myself have never known anyone to be constipated that bad
    Anonymous

• I would talk to the doctor, that does not sound like normal constipation to me. I get like that when my IBS is acting up and I need medication to ease the symptoms. She could have IBS, be allergic to something, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Get her some Activia yogurt. It has the probiotics in it, and if she is constipated, that should relieve it pretty quickly. If that doesn't work, see your doctor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:11 AM on Jul. 30, 2009