Pinworms!!!!! UGH!!!!

So we just figured out last night that our 5 year old has pinworms. She had said her privates were itching the last 3 nights but I thought it was just that she wasn't wiping properly and she is really sensitive to acid and I thoought maybe she had just had too much juice. So last night I was going to check her before she went to sleep to make sure she didn't have any toilet paper or anything stuck in there and when I went to check there were 3 pinworms on her anus. This morning I went to the store and got the medicine and now I am trying to figure out the best way to get her toys cleaned. Any good advice for a stressed mama??? Also I have a 14 month old and she doesn't weigh enough to take the medicine. When I called and talked to the nurse she didn't seem concerned because she wasn't showing any signs of the pinworms and I had checked her as well. Anyone had to deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• my little sister had them at this age a few times... wash all bedding super good ... for the toys throw them in the bathtub and let them soak in bleach water. Also cut her fingernails as short as you can and scrub them really good.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009