Anyone get cramps but no period 3 mons into breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, BFing often gave me cramps, I think it makes your uterus contract or something, but don't quote me on that, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i did recently... baby is 3m. i'm not sure if it really has to do with Breastfeeding (yes I am)

at first i kinda freak out like, am i pregnant again!!??

but it was probably just normal stuff, or something I ate.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• YES! BF will give you cramps! BF is not only great for your baby, it's great for you too. It makes your uterus shrink at a more rapid rate than not BF. So with that said, that's why you are cramping with no period. I had the murina (sp?) put in, but after I stopped bleeding post partum, I didn't have a period for almost 5 months. But, MAN did I look HOT while BF. Big boobs and small waist. Unfortunately I had some trouble and quit BF earlier than I would have liked. Now I have a big GUT and small BOOBS!! =( lol
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009