First Tooth?

I was just wondering when a child looses their first tooth? My 4 year old daughter said her tooth feels wiggly, and I checked it and it seems maybe a little loose, but isnt it to early to loose a tooth?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Each child is different. To me 4 seems a bit young, but I honestly don't know. My 5 year old was a late teether and hasn't even got any loose teeth yet, but she likes to talk about it.

I know that my 6 year old nephew had kids in his K class last year losing teeth, not a lot, but some of them. By that, I'd guess that 6 might be a fairly typical age to start losing teeth, but again... Not sure.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• every kid is diff. i have a 4yr old and she has not lost any teeth but now my 8 yr old started lossing teeth alittle befor kindergarten and i know there was alot of kids in his class that was missing teeth 2. so i would have to say 5 or 6. if u are scared she is 2 young to lose teeth u can always ask her dr. 2 c what they say 2.
    dadzgrl82

Answer by dadzgrl82 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009