newborn or size 1 diapers... which did your baby start off in?

And which brand do you prefer and why? I'm getting the nursery together and I realized, I have no newborn size diapers. Everyone bought me size 1, i have hundreds of size 1 diapers lol. No newborn. So I was wondering if I should go out and get some (a big pack) or just get a small pack of newborn so as not to waste my money.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 12:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would honestly wait until after baby is born, you can take home the diapers from the hospital, and if your baby is small get more NB size.. both my kids were in NB for about 2-3 months
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ohh and we like luvs
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My full term babies went right into size 1. They were big.

My preemie went into newborn size.
    Anonymous

• my preemie used preemie size and they were still big, some newborns though even if they are not preemie use preemie diapers because of their shape, i would say wait till the baby is born, you can always send hubby to the store to get the right size
    Anonymous

• I bought tons of NB diapers for my first baby and she grew out of them quick and we had so many left over, so with my other baby's I just bought size 1s ( they might be a little big at first but they grow into them pretty  quick). I tried Huggies and didn't like them so I always put my baby's in Pampers or Luvs.

Anonymous

• oh, and we tried every kindof diaper out there and we liked the wal mart brand in the yellow packages (been awhile since i've bought them don't remember the name), they were very clothlike and we liked those bcuz our dd has very sensitive skin
    Anonymous

• Both my babies wore newborns for about a month, size 1 one for about 3 months after that. My adivce would be not to open all of you size 1 packs and that way you can take them back and exchange them if you need to. but to answer the question, I would get 1 small pack of newborns just in case.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• my daughter was 6 lbs 8 oz at birth, lost a big and had trouble gaining. We went through 3 boxes of newborn then moved to the pampers 1. They seem to run a touch smaller. We were in the 1s for a while too. I love that pampers has the 1-2 and 2-3 sizes. Those help when your child is inbetween sizes.
    Anonymous

• My son was in newborns for about two or three weeks then we went to size one. When he was really tiny I loved the pampers swaddlers I think they was called.
    Anonymous

• mine was over 9lbs, and we still used Newborns for the first week or so.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009