pregnant and breast feeding?

has anyone gotten pregnant after having a baby six months ago, and still breastfeed? My daughter is just about six months old, and am still breastfeeding. And I just found out am pregnant again, am just curious on if anyone was still able to breastfeed there baby, while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can breastfeed while you are pregnant, I did it. Take a look at http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/preg_breastfeeding_during.htm for more info
    TheWAHM

Answer by TheWAHM at 1:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes, I did! There is a great book called Adventures in Tandem Nursing. Even if you don't want to tandem nurse, the first several chapters have excellent information about nursing while pregnant.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I did!! I never had any issues with it all. I made plenty of milk and never had any complications during my pregnancy.

I will tell you that one thing you may want to have your OBGYN or Midwife check your progestone levels. Sometimes the prolactin (breastfeeding hormone) can lower the proesterone level needed to substain pregnancy. If it IS low all you have to do is take a progesterone supplement. Mine levels were fine and I never had any trouble but some women do.

DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN BF WHILE PG!!!

Anonymous

• My OB recommended I not nurse while I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I'm anemic when I'm not pregnant, my iron levels dip dangerously low while I am pregnant, even on additional iron and prenatals (I've been hospitalized and given blood to bring up my iron). Due to this my OB said that while the child I was carrying and my son I was breastfeeding would be fine, it might not be healthy for me. If you have no health problems, I would think it would be fine, but check with your OB

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's safe, as long as your pregnancy is not high risk.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009