What or how would you handle this?

I have a loving family In-Laws my MIL & SIL are sooo cool and I can tell they love me back, My SIL has a very good paying job and me not so good. But my question is for my B/day she got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers they were so lovely.

Now her B/day is around the corner what should I get her I don't want to send flowers it's like repaying the gift. Or if someone gives you money for your b/day and when their b/day comes around I feel if I give them money back it is not a gift...idk I don't get it. Do you know what I am trying to say??? I know there are different occasions but that is the way I look at it. Help me to see it in another point a view....? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you could take her out for a nice dinner? My MIL loves that-she always says that spending time with me and my DH is the best gift :) If you don't have the $ for it, then you could always make a special meal and invite her over- all her fav. foods!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• You could get her a gift certificate for a pedicure and/or manicure at a day spa. Those two are usually not too pricey. If you have more to spend, a massage maybe.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Give her something that reflects what she likes.. If she likes certain old movies, give her a few and tell her to give you a call and you can have a movie night with her. Or give her a gift certificate for her favorite restaurant... Or have your kids make her a cool birthday card and get her a pretty plant that is easy to care for.
    You don't have to match her gifts, just knowing you're thinking of her is the most important part of the gift...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Well I guess it all depends on what she likes. If you know she would love flowers then get her flowers. Maybe a smaller bouquet of flowers with a nice candle or some chocolates or something.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't do flowers back unless sh ejust really likes them. What does she like? Maybe go shopping with her or to dinner. Spending time with a person is always a great gift.
    Anonymous

• I don't know your MIL's age, but will assume she is near my age so I will tell you what I'd like. It's things I like that I don't feel I should spend the money on for just me. Find out what she would like and get it for her. Also, a gift certificate for her nails and pedicure is loved by all. That would be one of the things I don't spend money on for myself. Afacial and hair do, who wouldn't love that. Hope this helps hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Send her a cookie bouquet. They aren't pricey. They taste good and they are cute.
    CandiGram

Answer by CandiGram at 2:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Many people give gifts to others that they would love to have for themselves. I'm that way. Can you find out what she likes or would love?
    Babasfarmlife

Answer by Babasfarmlife at 2:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I usually try to get someone something that they would like but wouldn't normally get for themselves. It doesn't have to be expensive. For instance, my dh likes godzilla so I go online to hunt down godzilla merchandise. He does't really get online so this is something that I can do for him.

If you have a local store that sells something your SIL would like but can't get where she lives, that would make a great gift.

My favorite gift is one that is handmade. I make quilts and give them as gifts.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009