how many naps for a 7month old

how many naps does your 7month old take each day and how long each

Kiki_pie

Asked by Kiki_pie at 1:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my baby was 7 months old, his sleep was just starting to regulate to 3 naps a day. usually the first two were about an hour and a half each, and the third was about an hour. he dropped the third nap around 9 months, i think. he is over a year now, and on a really good day he still takes two almost 2-hour naps.
    bonnielauper

Answer by bonnielauper at 1:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My son is 8 1/2 months and he sleeps 11 hours at night, then takes 2 approx 2 hour naps each day.

Answer by missanc at 1:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Two a day. A morning and an afternoon, napping from 2-4 hours during the day. That's the recommended amount, but every baby is different. Mine takes a long morning nap and I'm lucky if she sleeps a half hour in the afternoon.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Babies need a certain amount of sleep. For a 7 mon. old I believe it's about 15 - 18 hours a day if I remember correctly. It's not a matter of how many naps, but how many hours. If you are working or they go to day care, you might be concerned about putting them on an easier schedule to fit your day. But if they are getting enough hours of sleep in the day, it doesn't really matter how many naps they take.
    I've had friends comment on how my one year old STILL takes two naps a day. Well, I am a SAHM so, as long as she isn't sleeping TOO much and is getting ENOUGH sleep, than she can take as many naps as she would like!! :)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 2:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009