a stye in my eye......

does anyone know of anyway to make a stye go away or lessen the irriatation? i tried over the counter eyedrops and it's not working and it's bigger. do i just need to suck it up and go to docs?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• A warm washcloth will help temporarily. I used OTC drops and they helped alot. How old are your eyedrops? They are only supposed to be kept for ten days after opening, so if you are using older ones that could be why they aren't working, but if they're new maybe try a different brand?
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have had styes quite a few times. You should steep a cup of black tea for three minutes then gently ring out the tea bag and place on the eyelid. It should be as hot as you can comfortably stand. You can do this every four hours.
    Good luck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If the stye is on the upper or lower lid, not on the inside of the mucosa watm compresses 10-15 mins 3-4 times a day will help. Do not pop the stye. They are generally caused by staph and can lead to more sero=ious infections of the eye itself if not left to rupture on their own. Wash your hands thoroughly after you treat or touch the area to avoid spreading. There are several good stye euedrops and ointments over the counter that help releieve discomfort. Remember never touch the tip to the eye or stye..if this happens do not use it again. You rund a high risk of cross contamination. They usually heal on their own within a few days. If not then see Dr.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh I hope by now you're much Better! I feel for you! If you can go in, please go in or at least Call! I have NO insurance so I can't go in for any of my magor issues! But I have used this option on myself with good Results! Thought it sounds Goofy/Silly? I watched A TV program years ago called Hour Magazine with Gary Collins. They suggested this & I do use it. You clean A good Smooth Real Gold ring. Then you press it against the Stye & it comes right off. Now this is for A stye on your eye lid you can Easliy reach & see. I get them myself every now & then since my Old contacts & Glasses are going on 7 years old! I wouldn't suggest or offer something I never tried on myself with Good Results! Nonetheless. Know I care! Hope it helps, or you find you're right Answer you're comfortable with!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009