What brand of pads/tampons do u prefer?

I have never used tampons before because my mother scared my sister and I into not using them because she nearly died from toxic shock syndrome. I know this condition is rare but I have tried using every pad out there and found the Ultrathins Overnight to be best for me even in the day because I bleed very heavy sometimes, I am curious of using tampons, which are good for heavy days and do you still have to use a pad with one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Health

• I like the Playtex Ultra Glide. I have tried a lot of brands and like these best. Also I now use something call a menstrual cup. The one I have is the Diva Cup. I love it and there is no risk of toxic shock.

http://www.divacup.com/?gclid=CMvMwK60-5sCFQ9Jagod8xsdAA

While it was a bigger expense in the beginning, it will save a lot of money in the long run.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It really depends on how heavy your flow is, that will be the determining factor to let you know if you will have to use both. Personally, I use Tampax Pearl && I've never had to use a pad at the same time. I prefer plastic applicators over cardboard. The risk of toxic shock syndrome is very rare, as long as you change the tampon like you are supposed to, every few hours or so, then your chances of getting it are greatly reduced. I hate pads. I used them for my very 1st period && that was enough to make me decide that I would never use them again.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I use Kotex tampons because they are the best for me. I have tried all other tampons and always went back to Kotex because they don't tare apart and some of the other ones have ( like the Generic ones). My mom always scared us to but I hate blood flowing out of me and getting everywhere. So when I was old enough to get a job and buy my own I tried all different kind until I found the best ones. If I use pads it is Always.

Anonymous

• My mother is very heavy and she uses a tampon and pad during those heavy days. She uses kotex brand and states they are really good. I use tampons now and then and they work well. Just reminder try not to keep one in longer then 4hrs.
    Anonymous