How Can I plan a wedding without breaking the bank?

RosePeralta930

Asked by RosePeralta930 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• ELOPE, AND USE THE $ YOU WOULD HAVE USED FOR A WEDDING FOR AN AWESOME HONEYMOON!!!!

Answer by older at 1:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I spent about 6 grand on my wedding, and we had a very formal wedding with 200 guests. We had the wedding one a Friday, this makes a big, big difference! You can get the reception hall for about half the price. If you don't want to do a reception hall, you could always do the wedding at a park, or see if the church has a large room you could use for the reception. You could do just a cake reception. We did our own flowers. I got my dress at David's Bridal's $99 sale and it was gorgeous. I garage saled for things like decorations, veil, card box, etc.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• At first I planned to do it on a cruise but I changed my mind because I realized that my Honeymoon would include the whole family going.
    RosePeralta930

Answer by RosePeralta930 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We did our for about 5 grand. We also had about 200 at the wedding. We did cake, cookies and punch right after the wedding at the church for everyone and then did a formal reception for our closest family and friends that night(about 75 people). We had a the reception at a holiday inn and since we already had our cake we didn't use their wedding package, just their banquet package and it was extremely cheaper. I had a friend be the dj (just gave him cds to play) and we gave him a $50 gift card to his favorite store for helping. We didn't have formal photographer. We hired a guy that did in on the side part time. (he took over 600 pictures, gave us all the prints and negatives to do whatever we wanted with them for $700) I had daisies as my flowers and they are really cheap. Bought a lot of decorations at the dollar store and walmart. I also got my dress at a $99 sale.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with eloping, then having a big reception. Plus it is cheaper. You could have it at a park, country club, or family members big back yard. LOL . I had my wedding and reception at a country club, but ended up spending over 7,000.00 after the wedding, reception, flowers, cake, food, liquor, and dj.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh and I ended up getting over 1,200.00 from friends and family. after wedding in my cards.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Justice of the Peace, followed by cake and coffee.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009