dose anyone know if you can feed a baby eggs?

Sweetdarling09

Asked by Sweetdarling09 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told at my WIC office that the yolk is the only thing a baby should eat on an egg.
    a_bai04

Answer by a_bai04 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Depends on the age of the baby. Used to be the answer was a clear "no" until a year old. But recently, there have been some conflicting reports. My pediatrician okayed eggs for my son (he's almost 9 months), but I have no history of family allergies of any kind. I scramble eggs for him a few times a week and he loves them. I am not a dr, and don't claim to be one - as a mom, I would say yes you can give an older baby eggs, but as far as medical advice I would ask your pedi.

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yolks are safe; egg whites are an allergy trigger food that should not be given to a baby before one.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i would be careful about it until he is about a year old, just because i am afraid of him having an allergic reaction. my son was okay--- we were in a hotel and when i walked out one morning, my mom was feeding Nathan eggs and i was like, noooooooo!! (slow mo lol) he was 10 months old then and he was fine, but still, i would be careful.
    annelebar

Answer by annelebar at 2:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thanks i will wait to talk to the doctor in augest my daughter is six months but i want to be careful
    Sweetdarling09

Answer by Sweetdarling09 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2009